Beavercreek Christian Church has planned, funded, and provided the Children’s Area at the Beavercreek Popcorn festival since 2005. Every year we need 150+ volunteers to come together in order to provide a quality, safe, affordable and fun area for families in our community.
- Sunday, August 20th – Deadline to pre-order Tshirts
- Sunday, September 3rd – Last day to sign up
- Friday, September 8th – Load up at BCC Garage
- Saturday, September 9th – Early Morning Setup (Setup Crew) – GO! Serve at the Popcorn Festival
- Sunday, September 10th – GO! Serve at the Popcorn Festival – Tear Down (Setup Crew) and put away at BCC
Frequently Asked Questions
When and Where is the festival?
Saturday, September 9th – 10am – 8pm
Sunday, September 10th – 11am – 6pm
The Children’s Area takes place in the parking lot of the American Legion on Dayton Xenia Rd. Click for Map
What are the volunteer opportunities?
The following is a list of all the volunteer opportunities
- Sign up for a 2-hour shift for a game, inflatable, ticket tent or floater (help as where needed)
- Saturday: 9:30-12, 12-2, 2-4, 4-6, 6-8
- Sunday: 10:30-12, 12-2, 2-4, 4-6
- Friday Night Load-Up, September 11th – 6 PM at BCC
- Set Up / Tear Down Crews
- Friday Night Load Up – September 11th, 6pm at the BCC Garage
- Saturday Morning Setup – September 12th, 6 AM at the American Legion Parking Lot
- Sunday Evening Tear-Down – September 13th, 6 PM at the American Legion Parking Lot – end at BCC to put things away
- Prayer Breakfast Team – This group deliver free breakfast and coffee to vendors on Sunday morning via food carts. They offer to pray for their needs and collect prayer requests.
When do I arrive for my shift?
You should aim to arrive about 15 minutes before your shift begins and report to the shift manager in the ticket tent. You will need to remain at your post until the next shift workers arrive to relieve you.
What should I bring?
Wear your blue »go T-shirt. It is usually fairly hot during the festival so hats, sunglasses and suntan lotion can be helpful. We will do out best to provide shade and water to volunteers. Wear comfortable shoes. We also encourage you to leave personal and valuable items in your car during your shift. A positive attitude and servant heart are essential ☺
Where do I park?
The best place to park is in the Kroger parking lot close to Dayton-Xenia Road. The Children’s Area is located in the American Legion parking lot next to Taco Bell.
Can I invite others to help me work if they weren’t signed up?
By all means, yes! We encourage you and your family to work together or even to invite your friends or neighbors you are investing in.
Can my children work a game?
Inflatables must have at least one adult at all times. We’d advise children 12 and under not run a game without a responsible helper nearby.
What if I can’t work my shift?
If you can’t work the shift you signed up for, please do your best to find a replacement. If you are unable to get a substitute, contact the church office as soon as possible so we can make sure your post is covered.
It would be preferable for you to be wearing a shirt. If you did not pre-order a shirt or pick up your shirt ahead of time, we will have the shirts in the supply tent. The cost to you is $5.
Important note about the Prizes
We spend hundreds of dollars and carefully plan out each prize for each game. You may be tempted to be generous and offer more prizes or bigger prizes than are designated. In past years this has resulted in running out of prizes early, which causes a bit of trouble for some of us. PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE PRIZES. Don’t worry. The generosity is already built in with the extremely inexpensive ticket prices.
“Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.” Colossians 4:5-6
Our disciple-making strategy at BCC is Connect » Grow » Go. This is a GO opportunity for us.
Let Colossians 4:5-6 govern your behavior while at the festival. Make the most of every opportunity you have to interact with someone. Be full of grace. Be present with each person no matter who they are or what they look like. Know how to answer everyone (say a prayer before you get out of your car that God’s truth will be on your lips). Surprise them with genuine kindness! Look for ways to help people in small ways. Look for was to just be a blessing to others. And watch for ways you can plant a seed of hope in someone’s life. We bring the “salt” to the Popcorn Festival!
*Original Ticket Image used and modified with permission